Thursday, December 28, 2017

2018 New Year's Affirmations


I stopped creating New Year’s Resolutions about a decade ago when I didn’t feel like they were getting me anywhere.  We’ve all heard the stats on how long it takes people to fall off and break them.  But on a regular basis, I carve time out to goal set, vision and make my desires known (either on paper or through the spoken word).  No matter what you call it, I still see a great deal of value in doing that, particularly at the start of a new year.  So this year, I’ve decided to create a list of 7 New Year’s Affirmations, instead of resolutions.  I hope they will motivate you to create a few, too!  In no particular order of importance:

1.       I am neither too fat, nor too skinny, nor too black, nor to “other”, nor too young, nor too old, nor too “anything” to do what the Creator is calling me to! 

As someone who has struggled with insecurities about weight, complexion, hair, status, and so much more, I am often tempted to make plans contingent upon becoming a “better” me in some way, shape, or form.  No more waiting.  Now is my time, in the package I am in!

2.       I don’t control all of the circumstances but I’m in control of all my choices!
The Creator has endowed me with the power of choice.  It doesn’t matter what’s going on around me; every moment offers a choice for how to manage life’s challenges and successes.

3.       I live in exceeding abundance of divine magnitude.
There is no limit to what I can accomplish. Point blank, period. Lack of any kind (time, energy, resources) cannot dictate whether or not I accomplish my goals, this year. I have it all!

4.       Forgiveness flows through me and to me.
This year, I have learned how to forgive in a way that I never forgave before.  I learned to feel empathy in a way that I never have before.  I learned these lessons through the generosity of spirit and love that others displayed towards me.  I have to pay it forward from here on out.

5.       Feminine energy is a superpower!
I vow to use my power for good and not for the downfall of mankind.  Where invited to, I will teach the women I encounter to harness their power and do the same.  I am a powerful being!

6.       I’ve got something that the world is waiting on.
How long am I going to deprive them?  The thing that I am waiting to do, is going to have a ripple effect on the entire universe.  What am I waiting on?  Just do it, already!

7.       LOVE OVER EVERYTHING!
I truly believe love has the power to heal any broken thing.  It’s the anecdote to all spiritual and emotional pain.  Let love be the answer to life’s toughest questions. Love is wealth.




No comments:

Post a Comment